A water bottle is a container that may be made of glass, metal or clear plastic, which can be used to hold liquids, like water or beverages for consumption. It allows the user to transport and drink any type of liquid from one place to another or while in transit. Water bottles (botellas de agua) are available in different colors, sizes, and shapes.
Before the onset of glass, metal or plastic bottles, animal skins such as leather or sheepskin, wood, and bark were used instead. Reusable water bottles can also be used for juices, iced teas, alcoholic beverages and soft drinks, which can help save the environment due to a reduction of waste materials. Disposable water bottles, on the other hand, add waste to the environment, clogging waterways and canals.
There are several types of water bottles, namely:
- Single-use plastic water bottles or disposable water bottles are only used once due to the chemical content in the plastic resin. It had undergone a lot of innovations but plastic is made from petroleum (oil or natural gas) and may contain a whole host of chemicals that had never been labeled and can be toxic.
- Metal water bottles are made from aluminum and stainless steel, which doesn’t have a tendency to retain odor and taste from previous content and very durable as well. They are heavier, and can readily transfer the contents temperature to external surfaces making them unsuitable for very hot and cold liquids.
- Glass water bottles are preferred by those healthy buffs although it is easier to get broken, heavier than metal water bottles and have a higher level of temperature transfer, not ideal as well for extremely hot and cold liquids.
- Filtering water bottles commonly use carbon filtration in order to eliminate organic chemicals and to improve the taste and order of water. UV filtration bottles are used to purify unstable water.
- Hydration reservoirs or hydration bladders are large, flexible bags carried like a backpack, where user access water using a sipping tube.
Use of water bottles especially the reusable plastic bottles which are made from a non-renewable resource, petroleum, had come under fire, due to its bisphenol A (BPA) content. BPA is an industrial chemical found in polycarbonate plastics and epoxy resin, used in water bottles. Epoxy resins are used to coat the insides of metal products like food cans and bottle tops.
BPA can seep into food and beverages and may have possible effects on the brain and behavior and prostate glands of children, infants, and fetuses. This made plastic manufacturers to significantly reduce the amount of plastic used in bottles, in order to arrest health and environmental concerns. To avoid too much exposure to BPA, use alternatives such as glass, stainless steel or porcelain instead.
Ecobotellas is an online store that specializes in reusable bottles without bisphenol A, offering the best brands from Aladdin, Bobble, Contigo, Ecobottellas, Equa, Hydranome, Kor, Laken, Nalgene, and Equeasy. The Equa brand is made of high resilient borosilicate glass. Contigo brand offers reusable children water bottles without BPA and thermal cups in attractive colors.
Customers are offered free delivery within Spain with a minimum purchase of 30 euro, with delivery guaranteed within 24 – 48 hours. Eligible customers can use convenient payment options through PayPal, Visa, Master card and iupay. For orders, email to email@example.com or call 669964682, available 24 hours.